Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies



Thanks agentorange/quietearth

Even though I have nothing but kind words to say about Jane Austen and her large cast of strong modern-before-their-time female characters, I've always felt there was something about her work that doesn't quite jive with me the way it does the various female people in my life. Thankfully, author Graheme-Smith has emerged to enlighten me as to what the missing ingredient is. In fact, when I read the title of his forthcoming book I had, what some call, a eureka moment. "Of course!" I exclaimed. "It was so obvious. Zombies!"

Not only that, but word from the Sunday Times is that there is already a bidding war for the film rights to the book which means one very important thing. No more video store arguments. Yep, young couples everywhere will no be in total agreement when trying to decide what to watch. It won't be Austen for her, horror for him. Oh no, it's going to be one movie to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them.

"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" "features the original text of Jane Austen's beloved novel with all-new scenes of bone crunching zombie action."

No comments: